What is this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement sets out International Association for Women in the Seafood Industry WSI (hereinafter “WSI”) information processing practices in relation to you and your personal data and applies when we collect and process personal data from you through our website and mobile applications. It explains WSI information processing practices and describes your rights regarding your personal data.
Who is responsible for your information?
When and how do we collect your information?
WSI collects personal data about you when you:
- Visit our website;
- Make a donation;
- Subscribe to an online publication.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following types of information including:
- Personal data. Our websites may collect personal data, information that either directly identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of personal data include your name, contact information, email address, and other information in combination with such identifiers.
- Mobile devices information. If you access our websites on your mobile telephone or mobile device, we may also collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information. We may also ask you to consent to providing your mobile phone number (for example, so that we can send you push notifications).
You can engage with us through social media websites or through features such as plug-ins or applications on WSI website that integrate with social media sites. You may also choose to link your account with us to third party social media sites. When you link your account or engage with us on or through third-party social media sites, plug-ins, or applications, you may allow us to have ongoing access to certain information from your social media account (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, the posts or the ‘likes’ you make).
How do we use your personal data?
We use the personal data you provide to us to:
- Provide you with personalized service;
- Operate our website and understand its use, for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- Manage and process inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- Send you information you have requested or consented to receiving such as newsletters, breaking news, and other information regarding relevant WSI Activities.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, share, or otherwise disclose the information we collect through our website and mobile applications.
We may disclose information to third parties who provide us with various business services, including monitoring and maintaining the websites and with whom we are working to provide you with services or information. We may also disclose information we collect in special cases, including when we have a reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring a legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights and property or those of any other person. We may also disclose information when we believe the law requires it and in any situation that involves threats to any person’s physical safety. When required by law, such sharing of information will be subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements.
Legal requirements and business transfers
We may disclose personal data (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal request; (ii) in response to law enforcement authority or other government official requests; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (v) in the event that WSI is dissolved or otherwise reorganized. Disclosure may also be required for audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
Do we transfer your personal data across national borders?
Do we collect information from children?
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal data from an individual under age 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal data through the website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal data from an individual under age 16, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Your choices regarding your information
You may update, correct, or change your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link or other instructions in our marketing e-mails or contacting us as noted below.
With respect to cookie-based advertising, please be aware that the Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a website where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (www.AboutAds.info/choices/).We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal data we obtain about you and share with others. When you provide us with personal details, if we intend to use those details for marketing purposes, we will provide you with the option of whether you wish to receive promotional e-mail, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from us. At any time, you may opt out from receiving interest-based advertising or marketing from us by contacting us.
How can you update your communication preferences?
We take reasonable steps to provide you with communication about your information. You can update your communication preferences in the following ways.
- Newsletters. If you request electronic communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the communication.
- E-mail. Contact us by email email@example.com. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing and your requested changes.
How long do we retain your personal data?
How long we retain your personal data depends on the purpose for which it was obtained and its nature. We will keep your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Statement unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law. In specific circumstances we may store your personal data for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
Do we have security measures in place to protect your information?
WSI takes steps to protect your information from unauthorized access. While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through email or the website and take special care in deciding which information you provide us.
Are we responsible for the websites to which we link?
We are not. WSI does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of third-party websites or resources, and our privacy statement does not apply to any sites that are not affiliated with WSI, even if you access them via a link on our site. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party site before providing any information.
General Data Protection Regulation
We only collect and process your personal data if we have a legal basis which include:
- Legitimate interest. We process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing your interactions with you.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract. We process your personal data as necessary for the performance of a contract or as necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to make disclosures to courts or regulators.)
- Public interest. We process your personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (e.g., the tracking of human rights violations.)
- Consent. In limited circumstance we will use your consent as the basis for processing special categories of information or prior to sending you electronic communications.
EU Data Subject Rights
If you are an EU Data Subject, you have the following rights of this EU Data Subject Rights section. To exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your request.
- Right to Access. You have right to access personal data that WSI holds about you.
- Right to Rectification. You have a right to request us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to be Forgotten (Right to Erasure). You have the right, under certain circumstances, to have your personal data erased. Your information can only be erased if your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we have no other legal ground for processing the data
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law, or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, but only where: -its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or -the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or -it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or -you have objected to processing of your data, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to data portability, which requires us to provide personal data to you or another controller in a commonly used, machine readable format, but only where the processing of that information is based on (i) your consent; or (ii) the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Right to Decline Automated Decision Making. You have the right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated decision making, which produce legal or significant effects for you, except where these are (i) necessary for a contract to which you are a party; (ii) authorized by law; (iii) based on your explicit consent.
Even where such decisions are permitted, you can contest the decision and require WSI to exercise human intervention.
We currently do not use automated decision making (including automated decision making using profiling) when processing your personal data. If we ever use an automated decision-making solution, you have a right to request that a decision based off your personal data cannot be solely decided via an automated process.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Third party analytics tools
Chartbeat provides real-time analytics to web sites and blogs. The interface tracks visitors, load times, and referring sites on a minute-by-minute basis. We use this information to improve the website. Please see https://chartbeat.com/privacy for information about how Chartbeat uses this information. Chartbeat may track your activity over time and across websites.
Information collected from other Websites and mobile applications and Do Not Track policy
Your browser or device may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we or our analytics providers or other third parties with which we are working may collect information about your online activity both during and after your use of the website.
If you have any questions, would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, would like to discuss opt-outs or withdrawing consent, or would like to make a complaint about a breach of the Act or this Statement, please contact us at this address: email@example.com.
Changes to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. When we do, we will post the current version on this site, and we will revise the version date located at the bottom of this page.
We encourage you to periodically review this Statement so that you will be aware of our privacy practices.